Sunday, November 1, 2009

Project 8; Recording a sequence

I have had my first attempt at this project. Its quite tricky. I did see several moments worthy of photographing however, I found it difficult to actually capture them with the camera.
I chose to use a walk which I went on with my wife and our neighbor.
in the first photo I liked the view of the mountains and the people show some
thing of the scale of the place. I feel though now that this photo lacks impact. the second
photo is similar. The next few shots were taken because I turned around and saw the sunlight hitting the trees behind be and it really brought out the autumn colours. I was using a wide angle lens and took these shots with it. I felt however that I needed to get right in on the subject I wanted to capture. I was too far away and then changed to a zoom lens 24
to 100 mm. and took the next few.

However by then the light was almost gone, I tried to capture the moment but failed. Also I have over exposed the sky and the highlights are burnt out.
So I moved on because the moment was gone.


I like this last shot although its not technically perfect. I moved on because there was nothing left that caught my eye.
We met a shepherd and I was really interested in him as a subject. I wanted to have him in the landscape. I wanted a portrait that was natural, a candid so I tried to shoot blind but it didn't really work.








It didn't really work. Technically the shots are both over and under exposed. It was time to move on.





























No comments:

Post a Comment