Sunday, March 28, 2010

project 28; Rhythms and pattern.


Rhythms;

I love this aspect of design. I can totally understand and identify with the idea of an optical beat. It seems to me that this is used a lot in street photography.


In this example above I find that my eye follows the arches from left to right. I think that the lamp post at the end acts something like a full stop at the end of a sentence.

Here is a photo I took in Paris. My eye was attracted to the pointy structures on the right of the frame. When I saw the arrow and the line on the ground it drew me to this shot. Taken on a small sony cybershot, it proves I think that the best camera is the one you have with you. I think this photograph has a very real optical beat to it. Perhaps an irregular one, the first phase of the beat is set up by the arrow which sends the eye into the picture where it meets the building at the end and follows the pointy building out of the frame pausing to look at the person along the way. There is I think real movement in both of these photos.

Patterns.





Here there is definitely not the same sense of movement.


No comments:

Post a Comment