Saturday, June 26, 2010

Strobist

Using speed lites has opened up a world of new possibilities for me. The possibilities are endless. The amount of information available on the internet is also endless.
I have become a big fan of the blog strobist http://strobist.blogspot.com. I find it a fantastic learning resource, full of tips and hint from everything concerned with lighting set ups to making homemade lighting gear.
I took Davids recommendations on some books and have bought these two The Moment it Clicks and The Hot Shoe Diaries both by Joe Mc Nally who has a blog here Joe McNally's Blog. He has a channel on youtube here YouTube - joemcnallyphoto's Channel. Speaking of youtube there are so many good videos to be found there like; Strobist Preliminaries, YouTube - PhotoGavin's Channel and so on. Also worth looking at are the videos by Zach Arias.
I am currently thinking of buying some more kit. At present I have two canon speedlites, one 580 EX and a 580 EX mark 2. I found a great blog here My Blog , with a great post on budget kit hereStrobist Startup Kit — Budget vs Premium.

No comments:

Post a Comment